Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Off to a late start

So today I was supposed to start my bento lunch making, but my daughter was ill, so I did not make anything. Our bento boxes came in and everyone is excited to start having lunch in them. So even though I'm starting a day late, things are looking good for tomorrow.

Tonight I am prepped and ready to make a Tamagoyaki bento from the Just Bento Cookbook. Tamagoyaki is nothing more than an omelet, but unlike american omelets, Tamagoyaki is a layered, rolled omelet.

Along with the Tamagoyaki will be a simple ham & cream cheese vegetable roll. taking a couple slices of ham, adding some cream cheese, taking sliced carrot and green beans and making a roll out of them. Looks awesome!

Not to be forgotten, we are going to throw in some garlic sauteed spinach and the main ingredient; rice.

Because the Mrs. leaves for work earlier than I get up, I will be making this tonight and I'll work on posting pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment